The human brain can not differentiate from what is real and not.
Fo example today. Outside the temperature was 38C. People I met where complaining about the heat and how it affected their daily perfomance. I on the other hand did not allow myself to get affected. As a matter of fact I did not feel the heat as others did.
For quite some time I have been observing my thoughts. For example I may see or hear something bad that happened to somebody. Later in the day this association comes up into my mind. I suddenly see myself into that situation. Then I may get angry, or feel fear, or have a negative emotion. If I don't catch myself this can go on and on depleting my energy.
The more I observe myself, the better the chances I can avoid this mental masturbation.
When I look deep into my thoughts, then there are no thoughts at all. The simply don't come up. The mind becomes empty. As if looking into the source of the thought stops it from coming to surface. Like a soap bubble that want to pop up but cannot.
Thursday, June 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment