Today I had to go up to the roof to clear the water spout which was blocked due to pigeon manure. I had a swimming pool on the roof.
I do this every year when the rain comes.
SO I decided to clear also the corner of the heating boiler which was full of pigeon manure. I collected about 3 full buckets of it.
Then I put some manure near each tree in my garden.
The trees really like this. They bear much juicer and larger fruits. Apples, Lemons, Figs and Nactarine.
It seems that pigeon manure has similar properties to chicken manure.
It felt great. Nothing is wasted.
In addition I have a food residue pile covered with dry leaves. With lots of insects living from it. When it all turns black I put it near the trees.
I have also noticed more earth worms that weren't there when I moved in to this house.
Here and there I discover a new insect species.
I love being in the garden and composting.
Blessings
Saturday, November 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I have n't thought of using leaves this way! I will give it a shot!
It is also possible to make one layer of horse/animal/human manure then one layer of dry leaves and another layer of food residues adding again a layer of dry leaves and so on.
But horse manure is the best for compost.
It is also possible to spill some urine on top to save wasting water from the toilet.
Another way would be to build a compost toilet outside in the garden. Then add some australian worms to help with the composting.
Arie
Post a Comment