Saturday, June 21, 2008

Native American Nature Survival Course

From Thursday June 12th to Saturday June 14th I took a Nature survival course.
I arrived with a flu, but started feeling better in the woods. I started smelling pine tree resin and the next morning I had completely recovered.
I is amazing how mother earth can heal.
I learned how to walk barefooted without thorns getting in my foot. I already knew this practice known in the craft as Fox walking but I deepened this skill even more. It included unfocused sight (Owl eyes) and deer ears.
The combination of all tree together enables one to become part of the forest and approach animals without being detected by them. We practiced with long walks in the wild. Really amazing. Not one thron in my feet. I was walking on them. I think next thing I can walk on fire.
Next thing we learned was how to make a fire without matches. Making a bow and getting a spark through wood friction. Reaaly invoking Fire helps.
Then we learned how to make a shelter. How to recognize animal paths and their feeding areas.
Camouflage and how to become invisible to bypassers eyes.
On saturday we woke up at 4:45 in the morning to practice identifying sound waves originating at various distances.
This is only a very short description of what I experienced.
I became much more attuned to the wild. I felt that I don't want to live in the city. I'm part of nature.
I don't need all the modern stuff.
I'll be most happy to share what I've lerned with those interested.

No comments: