Today is elections day in Israel.
There is not really anyone worth voting for. So I voted for the lesser of all evils, which in my opinion is the new left wing party Meretz. They will not get many seats but it is better than nothing.
Since the murder of Prime Minister Rabin, this country is turning more and more to the right.
It is scaring. Candidates like Lieberman who preach facism are on the rise.
In the last few days I noticed that a few pagans in the Israel Paganism blog wrote in favor of the war and one even mentioned voting for Lieberman.
This makes me very sad.
I also feel that very, very few of us are Reclaiming. I can count them on the fingers of one hand.
It makes me feel very lonely. To be pagan, Witch, Reclaiming in a hostile environment.
But I am doing the work of the Goddess. She keeps me going.
I some times wonder what am I doing here. In this planet, in this place.
Why are people so greedy? So violent? Waging wars in name of Allah and Jeova.
Destroying the planet and the life forms in it? Burning, polluting, destroying.
Who is this species of such a strange behaviour for self destruction?
I sometimes feel I do not belong here.
But in my opinion it al comes to self awareness. People are not aware of themselves. They act like machines. What can be expected of a machine?
Just now there was a hail storm. Round pieces of ice all over. The floor is white. Pieces of leaves on the floor. The hail cuts the leaves. It is quiet rare in this part of the world.
It is raining today. Snow on the high mountains. But not enough rain. Not enough water.
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Shalom Arie. You are the light of peace where you live. Blessed be!
Thank You Lisa.
It is nice to receive your feedback.
Arie
Muchas Gracias Emilio,
Post a Comment