My home computer crashed about a month ago. Something to do with the motherboard. It was a rainy cold day with lightning. Usually when it is very cold the Electrical Company increases the voltage. This can cause malfunctions in some electrical appliances.
As the company from which the computer was bought is located far from home I didn't have time to drive there yet.
But I've found out that now I have more free time. More time to exercise and to read books. I'm going to bed earlier and sleeping better. Before that , almost every night before going to sleep I would be at the computer. Sometimes getting into pointless discussions on the net.
I would write something and when going to bed, I would continue thinking about what I wrote and what would be the possible replies. This would overload my intellectual center and would affect my sleep.
So I have decided that in order to be balanced I need to cut my daily leisure computer time to a maximum of one hour.
I don't need to express my opinion on every subkect that comes up on the forums I visit.
So I need to paln my time:
During week days:
work: 8 hours
driving to/from work: 2 hours
sleep: 7 to 8 hours
===============
Total : 17 - 18 hours
So what do I do with this time left of 6 to 7 hours?
Eat: Breakfast + Dinner 1 hour
Exercise: Half to one hour
Meditation: Half to one hour
Personal Hygiene: one hour
Spiritual practice: one hour
Total : 4 to 5 hours.
Still 1 to 2 hours left.
I can increase my spiritual practice which can include reading a book or something more active or see a film on TV.
During the weekends I go whenever possible out in the nature. There is so much to learn in the wild!
So what is the conclusion? Computers are ment to compute. It is intellectual work. It is man made. It is using the talking self instead of the younger self. I cannot connect to the divine through a com+pu+ter.
Le there be BALANCE
Blessings
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I like your blog dedication. The movies were pretty cool, but the ideas behind them were paradigm busters - very cool :)
Thank You Lily,
Nice to have you visit my blog.
Arie
Post a Comment