Monday, April 19, 2010

All Life is sacred

Today I got across a small turtle that was smaller than my palm.
It was near the water meter outside my home under some leaves.
No where to go, as she had reached the concrete wall.
My intuition said I should release her in the wild.
My partner thought that was not a good idea, as her mother may have left her there on purpose, and may return later for her. It cannot be I said. This is not a bird! It is a turtle!
So to make sure, I phoned the "Nature Protection Society" and asked them what would be best for this baby turtle.
The answer was to release her in the wild. I had known from the beginning that this was the right thing to do. To trust my intuition.
So I took her to a place in the wild far away from roads and humans. She was fine...
As usual, whenever I have a close encounter with an animal, there is a message for me from the universe.
So what was this earth creature telling me? To ground and connect with the earth. To go slowly with my present tasks. No to do anything in haste. Go step by step. It also means healing.
So here I am as part of the web of life. The divine dwells within me and all around me. I'm connected. I'm happy!

No comments: